Psychological & Educational Assessments
Why Use Assessments?
University Park Counseling & Testing Center, PLLC offers a wide range of assessments that can provide additional information to individuals, parents, teachers, and other professionals. Having an in-depth understanding of how a parson is functioning can be helpful in making academic decisions, understanding relationship dynamics, and clarification of treatment goals. Our personalized and team-oriented approach utilizes individual assessments as well as assessment batteries to assess the following:
- Intellectual Functioning
- Learning Processes
- Memory Skills
- Emotional and Behavioral Functioning
- Adaptive Behavior
- Social Skills
- Relationship Stress and Satisfaction
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnostic
- Kindergarten Readiness
Types of Assessments
Psycho-Educational Assessment: Our psycho-educational assessment battery involves a comprehensive set of assessments to help gain a holistic understanding of a child or adolescent's current level of functioning. Each assessment battery is uniquely tailored to your child and typically examines the following areas: intelligence, learning preferences, visual-motor abilities, self-concept, mood, behavior, and relationships.
Developmental Assessment: We conduct a multi-dimensional assessment that is specifically designed to help parents, educators, and professionals understand characteristics of a child's behavior in relation to typical growth patterns. It encompasses a child's social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. This information can be helpful in determining whether or not a child is ready to start Kindergarten.
Other Psychological & Diagnostic Assessments: Psychological and diagnostic assessments are used to create a batter understanding of an individual's current level of functioning. Assessment results can aid in the determination of a correct diagnosis and/or guide the treatment process. Assessments are often used to assess for Autism Spectrum Disorder, anxiety, depression, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and many others.
- Request and Schedule an Appointment
- Attend a Parent Interview (child) or Individual Interview (adult): This appointment is for collecting information about the individual's developmental history.
- Assessment Day: This appointment is for the face-to-face assessment of the individual. The length of this appointment will depend upon the specific type of assessment(s) being conducted.
- Attend a Parent or Individual Feedback Session: After completion of assessments an scoring, a feedback session will be help where the counselor will explain the results, provide an integrated summary of all data collected, give recommendations for home and school as appropriate, and provide a hardcopy of the assessment report.
- Achenbach System of Empirically-Based Assessment (ASEBA; Parent, Self, and Teacher Reports)
- Adaptive Behavior Assessment System, Third Edition (ABAS-III; Infant and Preschool, School, and Adult)
- Adult Manifest Anxiety Scale (AMAS)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Test, Second Edition (ADHDT-2);
- Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised (ADI-R)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, SecondEdition (ADOS-2)
- Beck Anxiety Inventory (BAI)
- Beck Depression Inventory, Second Edition (BDI-II)
- Behavior Assessment System for Children, Third Edition (BASC-3; Parent, Self, and Teacher Reports)
- Child Depression Inventory, Second Edition (CDI-2)
- Developmental Test of Visual Motor Integration (VMI)
- Gesell Developmental Observation-Revised (GDO-R)
- Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test, SecondEdition (KBIT-2)
- Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement, Third Edition (KTEA-3)
- Marital Satisfaction Inventory, Revised (MSI-R)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Second Edition (MMPI-2)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Adolescent (MMPI-A)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Parenting Alliance Measure (PAM)
- Parent Relationship Questionnaire (PRQ)
- Parenting Stress Index, Fourth Edition (PSI-4)
- Piers-Harris Children's Self-Concept Scale, Second Edition (PHCSCS-2)
- Process Assessment of the Learner, Second Edition (PAL-II)
- Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale, Second Edition (RCMAS-2)
- Social Responsiveness Scale, Second Edition (SRS-2)
- Social Skills Improvement System (SSIS)
- Stress Index for Parents of Adolescents (SIPA)
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Test of Information Processing Skills (TIPS)
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fifth Edition (WISC-V)
- Youth Self Report (YSR)